At Madrasah Salafiyyah, we offer 2 main curriculums that run alongside each other in the evening. A student can attend one or the other based on certain criteria.
Qur’an Studies and Islamic Studies Programme
A student attends half the time in each, every Madrasah day
The Qur’an Studies consists of 3 Levels:
- Qaidah Level where a student learns the Baghdadi Qaida
- Reading Level where a student learns how to read the Qur’an with correct Tajweed
- Hifdh Level where a student begins to memorise the whole Qur’an
Please note: The student reads the last Juzz (chapter) of the Qur’an or Surah Baqarah if they have previously memorised the last Juzz. We do not get the student to read the whole Qur’an before they move onto the next Level as when the teacher is satisfied that the student can read the Qur’an correctly, the student will be moved onto the next level irrespective of reading the whole Qur’an.
The Islamic Studies aims to incorporate an understanding of:
- The true teachings of the Qur’an and Sunnah (Prophetic Traditions) as understood by the pious predecessors of Islam
- The rights and responsibilities of each student towards the individual, the family and whole society
- Uniting on similarities and respecting of differences within culture, race and nationality
The Islamic Studies comprises of the following topics:
- Aqeedah and Emaan (Creed and Belief)
- Role Models of Islam
- Fiqh (Jurisprudence)
- Fiqh of Salah (Prayer)
- Manners and Characteristics
- Prophets and Messengers
- Rights, Roles and Responsibilities
- Islam and Science
There are tests and projects after each topic.
Pure Hifdh Programme*
A student focuses solely on the memorisation of the Qur’an during Madrasah hours. The Pure Hifdh Programme consists of 3 Levels:
- Level 1 – where 3 Juzz are memorised
- Level 2 – where the next 12 Juzz are memorised
- Level 3 – where the last 15 Juzz are memorised
All our teachers are qualified and tested upon appointment. All of our teachers continue to receive relevant teacher training throughout the teaching year.
Resources are used during the year for each student, from paper, pens, pencils, colours, prizes, etc. to phone calls, letters, chasing up after fees, progress, etc.
Parents: Any Qur’ans/Qaidahs/books and book bags will have to be purchased by students/parents themselves. Parents must also provide their child with basic equipment such as a pen, pencil, rubber and sharpener.
Fees: The fees are currently £20 per month (£25 for Hifdh class). Payment is due the first working day of each month.